1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"You are about to embark upon the great crusade..."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Jun 6, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about the game Medal of Honor - Frontline.

Serioulsy good thread Corky. Thanks for starting.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm sure I've told these stories before. All three of my grandfathers served in WWII. I don't know much about my biological paternal grandfather. He died when my father was four in a very nasty car wreck.

My mom's dad, in the Navy, spent most of the war helping get boats from the East Coast to the West Coast and back. Never saw combat or came close. He always said it was because he had an engineering degree and Uncle Sam thought his abilities were too important to allow him to be in harm's way. Don't know if he was telling the truth or pulling a fast one of his grandkids.

My dad's dad was 18, and on a boat headed to Japan as part of the invasion force when the bombs dropped. He doesn't like to talk about it more than that though. Says he saw horrible things.

Draft saved Draft deleted