1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yoda gets his own stamp

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Oct 25, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

WASHINGTON (AP) - Buy these stamps, you will.

The U.S. Postal Service sought to harness the force Thursday, releasing a new postage stamp featuring Star Wars' enigmatic Yoda, known for his odd syntax as well as his wisdom.

The Jedi master's stamp was originally part of a multi-stamp Star Wars set and is now available as an individual stamp following a public vote on which of that set should receive special attention.

Also on Thursday the post office released its annual Christmas and holiday stamps.

The set of four holiday stamps features classic wintertime knitting design imagery.

"The new holiday stamps provide another way for people to express warm winter greetings on all their mailings sent this season to family, friends or customers, " said Katherine C. Tobin, a member of the post office's governing board.

Inspired by traditional Norwegian sweaters, the stamps include a stag, a snow-dappled evergreen tree, a snowman sporting a top hat and a whimsical teddy bear.

The Christmas stamp is a traditional Madonna and child. This year's image is from Bernardino Luini's "Madonna of the Carnation," painted around 1515 and now part of the collection at the National Gallery of Art.

All of the new stamps carry the current 41-cent first-class rate and had their first day of issue ceremonies at a stamp show in new York.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's the best fucking thing I've ever read.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm going to buy some tomorrow. Yoda stamps, I need.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

My sig, they will be.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Self-adhesive, I hope they are.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The next thread to irk Moddy, this will be.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Serious, you cannot be.

One of the best characters of all time, Yoda is.

8. sportschick

Great and wise, Yoda is. Displeased, moddy will not be. Yoda-like, Moddy is.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Furry and green, Moddy is?

So much sense, that makes.

10. sportschick

Furry, yoda is not.

No muppet, he is.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

The ears, you should check.

Braid that hair, he could.

12. sportschick

A big difference between ear hair and furry, there is.

A good hair stylist, Yoda needs.

Draft saved Draft deleted