1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yo AP! Heisman photos?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by rhetty1117, Dec 9, 2006.

1. rhetty1117

rhetty1117 New Member

I've seen this work on here before for other people, so I'll try it.

Can we get some photos of Troy Smith with the Heisman? The ceremony's been over for 90 minutes.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Hahaha, my nefarious strategy is taking over the world!

Seriously, this is a bit ridiculous. Were press photogs not allowed in or something?

3. rhetty1117

rhetty1117 New Member

We get a photo of some drunk Buckeye fans in a bar, but nothing of the trophy and winner? They could've let him pose for it this afternoon.

4. rhetty1117

rhetty1117 New Member

i'm really wondering if something went wrong with the AP photog or something. cause now we're getting photos of him walking outside in Times Square AFTER the presentation.

5. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

ESPN has a wireimages photo on its main page. Fuckers.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Maybe they're making sure to get the cutline just right:

Ohio State University Quarterback Troy Smith, left, of Columbus, Ohio, holds the 85th Annual Heisman Trophy as Old F. Fart, right, of the Downtown New York Athletic Club, of New York, congratulates Smith.

7. rhetty1117

rhetty1117 New Member

They're really on the ball tonight. Now they've removed an earlier photo because "Ooops, that's not Smith. That's Darren McFadden."

8. DyePack

DyePack New Member

After nights like this, they should be flooded with hundreds of calls on Monday.

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Maybe the photogs were in the wrong area of the Hard Rock Cafe, where the media was camped out.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No offense to anyone on desk, but wouldn't a file action photo be more interesting anyway?

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's what I ended up using.

12. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

Can't we use both? Wouldn't that be ideal?

Draft saved Draft deleted