1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

yikes! what has happened to stevie nicks?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Feb 4, 2007.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

the years have not been kind to the former rock goddess. :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Man, I saw her in concert last winter, and she looked gorgeous. Maybe it's been recent.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

4. Trouser_Buddah

I think she's got the Oprah thing where she goes through fat and not-so fat stages...

Definitely a pretty girl back in the day.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

great face, still. but she's of blimp-like proportions.

linda ronstadt-esque -- another of my '70s hearththrobs. :'( :'( :'(

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ever since she quit snorting coke, she's struggled with her weight. She's also my mother's age, add that onto the decades of drug addiction and the weight issues, and you've got a woman who hasn't aged well.

7. Trouser_Buddah

My late 70s heartthrob was Olivia Newton-John. She was on American Idol this week, and all things considered, I think she has aged very well.

It says a lot about me, I think, that I found her much more attractive in Grease when she was the good girl, rather than the tramped out version at the end.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I agree about the regrettable development of her character in Grease.

Well, I'm off to run a couple of errands and then go rendezvous with my sweetie for some Super Bowl watching. Y'all have fun with the SB XLI thread. Should the Colts win, I'll be eating some crow enchiladas tomorrow. But if the Bears manage a victory, it'll be fun watching the board's Bears haters enjoy a nice hot cup of Shut the Fuck Up. We'll see.

9. Trouser_Buddah

I would be one such dude...

Here's to the crow! :)

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Crow enchiladas are very good with a nice mole sauce ("mo-leh," the Mexican sauce made from a mix of ground seeds, chiles and spices...not the small mammal).

Hopefully, I'll be celebrating the Windy City with an Italian sausage sub and an Irish beer later tonight. I'd honor the African-American and Polish populations with representative dishes, but my Italian cooking's way better than my soul food or attempts at Slavic fare.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

newton-john's music sucked waaaay too much for her to ever make my list. sorry, kids. :eek: :eek: :eek:

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Stevie Nicks is 58 ( :eek: :eek: :eek: ) years old. She blimped up in her 40s, but I saw her a couple years ago, and she looked very very nice for her age. If she looks horrible today, something must have gone wrong in the last year or so.

What the hell, we all have bad hair days -- I look like hell too, today.

Draft saved Draft deleted