1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yikes! Fatal Attraction Mistress Hits Former Mets GM Steve Phillips

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by exmediahack, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The Post is calling her "the tubby temptress."

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Maybe Phillips was impressed by her swing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

She only wore those sandals because she heard that she might get to meet the president.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

She never got over Brian dumping her.

[​IMG]

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

[​IMG]

She got excited by the crowd noise and screwed up rounding third.

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Instant classic.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Where'd you find that picture of me?

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Her letter gives one pause, but she's a young lady who got taken for a ride by a man - old enough to be her father - in a position of power at her workplace. Who should have known better.

So she snapped. Can't blame her as much as I look at him and wonder what he was thinking.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Especially if your prior employer also had to settle a sexual harassment suit based upon your affair with an underling employee. Double dumbass.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

But did you also read the statements from the wife and teenage son? I sure as hell can blame her for that behavior, I don't care how much Phillips screwed her over. That was some scary psycho shit.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

you can't blame her? She's an adult that willingly had sex with a married man, and then started harassing his family. He deserves all the abuse he's received and will continue to receive, but she's far from blameless.

How do we know she got "taken for a ride"? Maybe she targeted him.....

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Disagree.

Young lady, who probably hasn't had a lot of relationships before. Only 22 years old, and yeah, not exactly the type of looker who has the young, superficial guys breaking down her door.

TV face guy at her workplace takes a shine to her, and even though (or perhaps partly because?) he's old enough to be her daddy, she falls in love and becomes hopelessly devoted to this guy. He gives an indication that he's probably not dumping his wife for her, and she snaps.

Doesn't excuse her behavior. But it can certainly explain it.

And if she targeted him, then he's even more foolish.

Guessing? Sure. As long as we're throwing "ESPN is a cesspool for this behavior!" at the wall, it's fair for me to speculate based on the facts.

Draft saved Draft deleted