1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yikes! Fatal Attraction Mistress Hits Former Mets GM Steve Phillips

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by exmediahack, Oct 21, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If other people at ESPN knew what was going on and didn't step in - I don't have a lot of sympathy for the network. Given it's history, you'd think they'd have a vice-president in charge of cock-blocking.

2. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Based on my social track record, I'd apply if I didn't have to live in Bristol.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Drip has been knowing Hundley since she was an aspiring ESPN mistress at Podunk High.

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

He tried to tell her to be careful out there, but she didn't listen...

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Please stay on topic. And have a happy Steve Phillips Needs to Send Brooke Hundley Shit in a Box Day.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Maybe it's not the best form in the world to make fun of someone's physial appearance. But Ms. Hundley made the decision to have an affair with a married man who also is a sports/TV personality. Her letter to the wife, the stalking, the texting ... she must have known that this somehow would be public one day, if she didn't intend for that outright. I don't have a lot of sympathy for her weight being the butt of jokes (no pun intended?) because she was in the media and had to know this wouldn't end well, or quietly.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Got canned today. Don't know if this was posted anywhere, but here are some shots of Ms. Hundley.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/galleries/highs_and_lows_of_steve_phillips_career_brooke_hundley_and_beyond/highs_and_lows_of_steve_phillips_career_brooke_hundley_and_beyond.html#ph8

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Phillips fired by ESPN, per AP:

Former Mets GM fired by ESPN
    PAT EATON-ROBB,Associated Press Writer

Baseball analyst Steve Phillips has been fired by ESPN after admitting to an affair with an assistant at the cable network.

ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said Sunday night the network determined Phillips' ability to be an effective analyst was "significantly and irreparably damaged."

Phillips took a leave of absence Wednesday after acknowledging the affair with 22-year-old production assistant Brooke Hundley.

According to a police report filed in Wilton, Conn., Hundley began calling Phillips' wife, Marni, on Aug. 5 after the former New York Mets general manager broke off the affair and sent her a letter graphically describing their relationship and Phillips' birthmarks.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

It was in the best interests that ESPN let both of them go. They couldn't afford to have two albatrosses hanging on their necks.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

yeah, added to the weight of the Tirico albatross that would have been too much.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

So who spoke at the fake press conference to announce it?

12. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Re: Yikes! Fatal Attraction Mistress Hits Former Mets GM Steve Phillips

I don't feel sorry for Phillips, since he made and slept in his bed, but who is going to hire him? No network is going to give him a job that requires travel. Is a MLB team going to hire him as a scout or asst GM? His soon to be ex is going to take him to the cleaners in the divorce. Maybe he and Sean Salisbury can share job hunt tips.

Draft saved Draft deleted