1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yikes! Fatal Attraction Mistress Hits Former Mets GM Steve Phillips

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by exmediahack, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The next Facebook meme: "What is your New York Post scandal nickname?"

2. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

But of course...that was a glass of wine joke. Gotta let it sit on your tongue for a moment to savor it.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not that I expected to see ESPN give much play to the story, but considering how they covered Barkley's DUI, the Ben Wright controversy, the Tiger Woods "lynching" comment - it does seem kind of hypocritical not to see it as a topic on shows like PTI, Rome is Burning or Around the Horn.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I'm sure that Mushnick won't write anything about the NYP's coverage. But maybe he can mention teams with black jerseys again.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I really hate when the person who put this in motion gets overshadowed by the pinata that is more inviting.

Yes, Ms. Hundley perpetrated some desperate measures. But the guy who was 24(?) years older gets the vast majority of the blame. He's lived over twice as long as her. He's the supervisor, its very powerful. Think of your daughter or sister at 22 and then someone at 46, who's the male and the supervisor; that's hardly equal footing.

Yes she was in "fatal attraction" mode and what she did with the son is simply wrong. The stuff with the wife is wrong also.

But who set the chain of events going forward? Messing around with a married guy? Okay somewhat wrong, but really, he's the grown up, he's not someone who was played, he knew exactly what he was doing and what the potential ramifications were and he knowingly risked it all, his family, his kid. Its on Mr. Phillips.

6. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

And if she was pretty, this thread would be very different in tone. And three times as long.

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

The relationship was consensual. There are degrees of wrong. He held the early lead, no doubt, as the older person cheating on a spouse with whom he had children. She passed him and lapped him with the stalking stuff.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Uh oh. Has someone started the "older guys shouldn't be messing with younger girls" debate?

This outta be good....

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Maybe they will assign Pedro Gomez to "shadow" Phillips.

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

I have to admit, when I heard that the woman was named Brooke Hundley -- just on the name alone, like something from a USA Network TV show -- I would have bet money that she was model-level in looks.

I know, that's ridiculous and illogical and all that. But doesn't "Brooke Hundley" sound like some hottie?

BTW, a pox on both their houses, Phillips and Hundley. Too bad about Phillips' wife and family, but if the Mrs. hangs in there this time, she probably doesn't give a damn anymore.

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

but..but....she's only 22!!!! Come on, a 22 year old woman can't be expected to think for herself....it may have been "consensual", but that's only because she's unable to use her brain when dealing with a man.

All the laws she broke after that 3 week affair.....not her fault, .......she's a young unattractive woman that agreed to have sex!

12. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Plus, she's ugly!

Draft saved Draft deleted