1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

YF - More than a coffee dude

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who knew? This may be on the other thread, which is fine, but one of our own with this kind of chops? Deserved its own thread:

[​IMG]

2. Moderator1

The A-Rod crack is just a bonus. I'm sure MankyJames is ticked that Jeter didn't get any love.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Khadafy must have been wearing a Rays hat.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That made me laugh harder than when I first saw the headline.

5. Moderator1

You offer him a cup of espresso when you were done filing him with holes?

6. YankeeFan

Let's just say, it wasn't the Black Cat espresso than caused him to shit his pants.

7. Moderator1

I love Black Cat, by the way. If you have a pipeline there, send me some. We call it Poop In Your Pants Coffee.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What is this called? It sounds awesome.

9. Moderator1

go to www.intelligentsiacoffee.com and look up their Black Cat espresso blend. I use it as regular coffee. Amazing stuff.

May not need coffee in the URL, I can't remember. Ain't cheap but it well be worth it.

My niece and her husband used to live right by there and they'd send me some now and then. I have a hat and a t-shirt and a mug, too. And Depends for the days I do drink it.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I had something called Fruit Bat once... It was unlike anything I had ever tried...

I'm going to have to try this Black Cat.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

How much is Black Cat Coffee? This isn't the stuff that comes from the feline dung of Nepal, is it?

12. YankeeFan

I thought we were supposed to be talking about me killing Gaddafi, not coffee on this thread.

But, yeah, Fruit Bat is from the same roaster. It's one of their seasonal espressos.

I got their last one, but haven't gotten Fruit Bat yet. I'm sure it's good. They're one of the best roasters in the country.

I've been working my way through a five pound bag of Red Line Espresso form another Chicago roaster, Metropolis. I usually alternate between them and Intelligentsia, with another local roaster occasionally mixed in.

Draft saved Draft deleted