1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another youth dies as result of (stupid) gun play

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Let's see, what's the docket on number of innocent people who have been killed by guns as opposed to the number that would be if guns were illegal?

Gotta be at least a 200-1 ratio.

2. KG

KG Active Member

I know. He might have been a complete idiot for playing a game like that, but I can't even begin to understand what he's feeling. I hope I never do.

3. Simon_Cowbell

I can't imagine what he saw

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Even the stupid aren't without feelings, spnited. The guy killed his own 3-year-old son. He probably wishes he could turn that gun on himself right about now.

You really think the number of people killed by legally owned guns outweighs the number of people killed by illegally owned guns? And by a 200-1 ratio? Really?

5. Simon_Cowbell

"if guns were"

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He's not the only one. But it won't happen.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

OK, I misread the post initially. Still don't think I can agree to that ratio, though. Cops can't keep illegal guns off the streets now. What makes you believe a new law will make it any easier?

We can't keep illegal drugs off the streets either. Why do you think "Just saying No" to guns would magically make them disappear?

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

WFW

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's what I figure, too.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

There is more to this story. No way is this only what happened. No way booze, drugs or malice was not involved.

The writer needs 20-30 inches on this for tomorrow's paper.

So part of the game is pulling the trigger?
    Who caled 911?

11. I Digress

I Digress Guest

holy fuck

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Something tells me that the kid was doomed under his dad's supervision even if a gun wasn't involved. May not have been today, but definitely tomorrow.

Draft saved Draft deleted