1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another WTF moment at school

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by three_bags_full, Dec 23, 2011.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Mom comes to school to pick up "misbehaving" autistic child and finds him stuffed in a duffle bag and placed in the hallway. Way to go, central bumfuck Kentucky school system.

I can't even begin to think of an appropriate punishment for all involved.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/22/school-accused-of-putting_0_n_1166541.html?icid=maing-grid7

2. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

To put a kid in a bag seems so wrong that I'm not even sure how to react to the story. If it happened to my child, I'm pretty sure I'd flip out.

3. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

The school system in question might as well cut that boy's family a check right now. There's no defense for what happened.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That, and allow the kid's parents to pick whatever special needs school they feel would be most appropriate for their child, no questions asked.

Because obviously, the school the kid is in is blatantly ill-equipped to handle a child with his special needs.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

They could ... except for the fact this happened in Mercer County, about 75 miles away from Louisville. Harrodsburg is about halfway between E-Town and Lexington.

Reading comprehension, geography comprehension, etc. ::)

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Nothing in the story indicates the incident didn't take place near Louisville. And, no. I didn't look at a map. Sue me.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Damn Ohio River bias.

8. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

"Chris is a student at Mercer County Intermediate School in Harrodsburg in central Kentucky."

That's verbatim from the Huff Post article.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Nothing in the story indicates it happened anywhere near Louisville.

The story makes it very clear they're talking about Central Kentucky.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This thread is really getting caught up in the wrong stuff.

11. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

I'd say the dateline indicates it's in Louisville (for those of us not familiar with the geography of Kentucky, a dateline saying 'Louisville' might confuse the issue a bit). But yes, as oop said, wrong focus.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I wouldn't have cared so much if two of the first three replies hadn't "gotten caught up" in blasting a pretty good school system that ... had absolutely nothing to do with the incident in question.

Draft saved Draft deleted