1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another TV thread... How I Met Your Mother now sucks...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Sep 26, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Well, this was one show I could ... and still do.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

One lousy half-hour and suddenly the show sucks?

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I keep giving this show a chance because when it's good (for a sitcom) it's pretty entertaining. But when it's bad, it's pretty hard to watch. It seems the bad is starting to win out. Season premire was terrible. This week's was an improvement. Braney is a good reason to keep giving it a chance.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, they got married in the season finale and were divorced by the season premiere. I guess they determined the show wasn't funny if Jon Cryer was actually happy...

Both How I Met your Mother and 2 1/2 Men both now suck. The other two CBS comedies on Monday nights are simply not funny on any level. I've watched CBS on Monday nights since Everybody Loves Raymond started about 10 or 11 years ago, but Fox clearly has the better lineup with Prison Break and Vanished before switching over to Studio 60...

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

That was a little too simple an explanation. It was hilarious. The season begins with them getting married in Las Vegas, and right after the ceremony, they win $500,000 at a gambling table. And Cryer, in his glee, tells his wife, "What's mine is yours now."

She takes him at his word. Leaves with all his money and a lot of his stuff within hours. He spends most of the rest of that episode curled up in the fetal position.

Draft saved Draft deleted