1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another reason to keep your kids off myspace

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Who Knows, May 11, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Let me check ...

still checking ...

what's that?

I'm back. Yeah, I'm a guy. At least I hope I am since my little man calls me Daddy.
    ;D

So there's no dirty jokes, I call my son little man because he's a mini version of me.

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

OUTING ALERT: Alley's son:

[​IMG]

3. JackS

JackS Guest

Have any of you been watching "To Catch a Predator" on Dateline NBC?

Hoo boy.

God bless Chris Hansen.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Yes. Last night's Dateline was beyond disturbing.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I saw only snatches of that. So why did the guys go in the apartment and plop down at a table when no one was there?

6. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Thats the first thing I thought of......why sit there and answer all those questions?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Not to get too far OT, but Bill O'REilly, that champion of child safety (insert vomit here) has yet to do anything on Myspace.
    Oh, wait, it's owned by the same company that owns Fox News Channel.
    My bad, carry on.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I've been on MySpace for almost two years now and have even been accused by some as being a pedophile because I have quite a few friends (girls) that are under 16. I'm 20 years old and most of these girls are from my old high school. Why do people think it's a bad thing for me to have them on my friends list?

And oh yeah, for users that are 14 and 15, MySpace requires that their profile be set to private, meaning only people on their friends list can see what they put on it. I know some kids (like the one in this story) register as an 18-year-old, but at least MySpace does have protective measures in place for the younger users.

9. trounced

trounced Active Member

If you are 20 and have friends who are girls who are under 16, well, I can't question anyone who calls you a pedophile.

10. KYSportsWriter

Like I said, these are friends I've grown up with and went to school with.

11. trounced

trounced Active Member

You are kidding, right?

12. KYSportsWriter

Is it really that hard to believe a 20-year-old grew up with someone who's 15? That's the youngest friend on my list, and she turns 16 tomorrow. WTF is wrong with that?

Draft saved Draft deleted