1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another reason to keep your kids off myspace

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Who Knows, May 11, 2006.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No, but the twins are. :D

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Moddy ain't deleted shit today but he probably should have with that one.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yeah, that was def. an NSFW.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The computer is in the living room, but she's only allowed online when she's in my lap at the desk. I'd hate to have to practice Montana justice on a cat rapist after all.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

She's not going out with no alley cat. I can promise you that.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

I haven't seen that yet, although I have received some strange messages from 'check out my page, tee hee.' There was also the guy from St. Louis who wanted to not only save me and help me worship Jesus but rail the snot out of me.
    Damn those Flash Lights are kicking in.

But here's in defence of Myspace ... one of my 'friends' is my 28-year-old cousin who is now a photographer in Indonesia. I haven't seen him since he was 10 and we may never have connected again were it not for Myspace. To know what he's doing these days is pretty damn cool.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

i've also met up with three friends i haven't seen in 6 years, and a bunch more that i had back home except now i'm 2,500 miles away, so i can't just take a drive and hang out with 'em. plus, my sis and bro who are in school ... i keep in touch with them thru myspace. i think it's that way for the majority of people who use myspace, or the internet in general. but you can't stop the "MY SPACE IZ DA DEVIL" opponents from getting all worked up otherwise.

oh, and i won't presume to know what "rail the snot out of me" means in canadian, but i am not from havana st. louie, bay-bee. ;)

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Eeeeeewwwwwwah! You're gross ... [​IMG]

9. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13223772/

Teen girl hops on plane to middle east to hook up with her online boyfriend

10. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060609/ap_on_re_us/myspace_mideast_trip_5

Jordan persuades 'MySpace' girl to go home

A 16-year-old Michigan girl who authorities say tricked her parents into getting her a passport and then flew off to the Mideast to be with a
    West Bank man she met on MySpace.com headed for home on Friday.

U.S. officials in Jordan persuaded her to turn around and go home before she reached the West Bank.

Katherine R. Lester is a straight-A student and student council member, her father said. "She's a good girl. Never had a problem with her," Terry Lester said.
    Shawn Lester told The Saginaw News that her daughter has "never given me a day's trouble. ... I just don't understand with all these new laws protecting America how a 16-year-old kid could get out of the country." She said her daughter never had a boyfriend and seemed to be content with that.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I''m sorry but this gal is too fucking stupid to be allowed to reproduce. How the fuck does your daughter "trick" you into giving her a passport? Then she turns around and complains that the gubmint let her kid out of the country? Fucking douchebag.

12. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

The "trick": Blame Canada!

Draft saved Draft deleted