1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another reason to keep your kids off myspace

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Who Knows, May 11, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Boom keeps his kids off the internet by keeping them busy playing with matches.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Actually, we are raising them to be Dominican ballplayers. No internet until they get to Triple A.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

One of the first things my father said to me as we were setting up internet in the house for the the first time was, "There is a lot of information out there. Some of it right. Some of it wrong. For example, there are stupid people that believe the Holocaust didn't happen. They are wrong."

I wasn't quite sure why the Holocaust was brought up. I guess he was reading an article or something.

5. JackS

JackS Guest

To answer both questions...they thought someone *was* there because in every instance they AT LEAST heard a girl tell them to come in and take a seat. A few of them even saw the girl waving them in before she went off into another room and Hansen appeared.

As for answering Hansen's questions, I can only guess it's because when caught red handed they think their best option is to try to talk their way out of it. As bad as they look doing it, it's no worse than running out of there when Hansen appears. That makes them look even more guilty.

6. Hoo

Hoo Active Member

Trounced, do you realize how meaningless the vast majority of MySpace "friendships" are? I've got people on my various e-community friend lists that I had a class with once. It doesn't mean KY Fried has a close relationship with this H.S. girl. She's probably like a sister or something.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not brain surgeons, are they? If you really had driven across state to meet an underage girl, you gonna walk in the apartment based on a voice in the other room? If you are too dumb to consider the cops, maybe she has a pack of brothers ready to beat the snot out of you.

Geez. At least carry a pizza and pretend you are the delivery guy.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Now, it turns out the MOTHER, 34, was a MySpacer, too.

"Tammy Toker."

Nice.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060512/UPDATE/605120444

9. JackS

JackS Guest

Sounds like you're a pro. ;)

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I wonder if they had each other as friends.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My lawyer has advised me not to comment.

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I hereby apologize to the board for defending the parents in this thread.

The kid probably ran off with the man to get away from her mother.

So fucking sad.

Draft saved Draft deleted