1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet ANOTHER reason to hate ESPN

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Nov 8, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

FUCK!! What will I do Saturday now?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's that Oregon State, you know, the one that's ranked No. 24.

Somebody's been driinking the BCS confernence kool aid.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

LJB, if you want to make it about Boise State instead of it being about not letting ESPN dictate everything, that's your business.

You're just wrong, is all.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Wrong about what, Alley? I was responding to Ragu's comments about them being undefeated.

And if anyone in that conference is even remotely comparable to even second-tier SEC teams, then yes, I am wrong.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Actually, you said anyone who gives the faintest shit about either team, raise your hand. I kinda like Boise State, but it's the bigger principle here of not letting ESPN dictate your entire schedule to the detrement of your fans. But hey, that's not important, is it?

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yep. Don't sleep on the Smurf-Turfers. They can play.

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

I hate Boise State. With passion. Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em. But they'd kick the ever-livin' shit out of more than a coupla SEC teams this year. They'd be a bowl team in the SEC ... a lower-tier bowl team, but a bowl team nonetheless. And if you want to start playing connect the dots ... Boise State beat Oregon State ... Oregon State beat USC ... USC made sweet, sweet love to Arkansas ... and so on ...

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Alley, Boise State is the one that hiked up its skirts and spread its legs vast and wide for ESPN to begin with. I don't see how they come out of this with any nobility.

Lester, opinions vary. I think an ailing Georgia team would truck them and an improving Vanderbilt would at least give them a game.

9. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

BSU is on par with Bama, IMO. Better by far on offense, not nearly as good on defense and both beat Hawaii in much the same manner. BSU fights for a bowl in the SEC (and most every major conference), but surely is not among the elite, IMO.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

WHY YOU GOT DIS BSU BY COMPRING THAM TO BALAMA????

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

COCKDIAN PUSSY_EATEN BITCH!

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

BALAMA IS GUNNA B THU CHARMIONS THIS YEAR YU WAWTCH

Draft saved Draft deleted