1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet ANOTHER reason to hate ESPN

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Nov 8, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fair enough.. allow me to qualify that: about time some team said football is just as important for the fans in the stadium, not catering to TV's scheduling whim

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Eat smurf turf, ESPN! Way to go Boise State.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well put.

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Indeed. I'm the only one on this board who ever is confrontational.

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Makes sense to me.

6. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

How can ESPN not televise the SJSU game? Aren't they contractually obligated to do so?

Heck, for that matter, how can they not televise the Nevada game? Aren't they contractually obligated to do so? They knew what time the game was scheduled for when they agreed to televise it, how can they get away with not televising it because they suddenly decided they wanted its start time changed at the last minute?

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

ESPN has chunks of guys like San Jose State and Boise State in its stool </Sinatra>

What are they going to do? Sue?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I would think the contract exists with the conference, not the school. So as long as some game is played in that spot, the contract hasnt been violated.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Anyone who gives the faintest shit about Boise State or UNevada please raise your hand.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I give a shit about Boise State. 1) They play on the blue field. 2) How would I be able to lose my money on Thursday nights if they didn't exist? 2) They are undefeated. They are not in a BCS conference, but to go undefeated with a D-I schedule is still impressive.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ragu, they opened with Sacramento State, Oregon State, Wyoming, Hawaii and Utah to start the year and they play in a weak-ass conference. Maybe next year the Broncos can get a season opener with Ryan Z. Sonner Senior High, and hug it out with ESPN so the almighty Nevada game is televised for dried up Thanksgiving leftovers.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Is that the same Oregon State the beat USC or a different Oregon State?

Draft saved Draft deleted