1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another online putt-putt game

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ondeadline, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You just made me feel small. I bow to thee.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

It's easier than it looks. There's a trick to every hole ... they all can easily be hole-in-one'd. Once you figure out the trick for each hole, you can hole-in-one it every time, so it just becomes a matter of slowly but surely figuring out the rest. The key is to never settle for two shots because there is always a repeatable way to get every hole in one.

Also, at least on my old browser, you could rewind and play the same hole over and over to practice. That helps a lot when you're trying to get a particular hole down (so you don't have to play 13 holes just to get to #14 again).

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Interesting. That's an opinion I never had. I know there is a trick on every hole, but I got sick of playing 13 holes just to practice on 14 once.

4. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

Check and see if it works on your current one. It doesn't work on mine any more. You right-click on the game while it's running, and then select rewind. Then select play. Great for practicing a hole to find the trick.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

As soon as I click on rewind, it sends me back to the start screen.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

At 43 (3-under going to the last hole). Ended up at 53. That, with three hole-in-ones.
    I had the right idea on 18 (lay it up against the barrier). Just couldn't execute.

7. 31. This one's a lot tougher than the old one.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Some of the shots are a little harder to guage, but if you know where to drop the ball, you'll be allright.

Though I can't get lower than 28, yet.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Ryan Sonner got a 1. One putt, all 18 holes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Phil - You are correct. They're just gussied up and out of order. No. 1 here was No. 6 before, I believe.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Went from a 71 last night to a 41 tonight. Only holes where I needed three or more strokes were Nos. 3 (3), 6 (3), 13 (5), 17 (6) and 18 (3).

12. I end up playing this again every time someone posts on here ... my best was a 41. Just when I think I'm going to beat that score I screw the pooch on 13, 15 or 18 ...

Draft saved Draft deleted