1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another LCD TV thread in a long line of LCD TV threads...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rosie, Oct 8, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Rosie, hockey looks stunning in HD.

Especially Crosby scoring the game-winner outdoors in the snow. :)

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Went to Costco and looked around... Vizio had a 42" (With HDMI cable) 120hz for 1099...

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Does Costco deliver? I'm going to have to find someplace that can bring it to me. The TV I want won't fit in the back seat of a Nissan Sentra. :(

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If you're a member they ship if you buy on costco.com. And there are coupons starting tomorrow...
    Don't they have none of them big fancy trucks or big strappin fellas where you work?

5. I Digress

I Digress Guest

The flat screens are super heavy. I would advise buying from a place that will come set it up.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Superheavy?
    My 37" LCD weighs far less than my 27" CRT. If it's a wall mount, I can see having someone set it up. On a stand?

7. I Digress

I Digress Guest

our 42 inch LCD is far heavier than any CRT I ever owned.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My 27" CRT philips is about 100 pounds... both my 37" vizio and 37" Philips are roughly 50-60 each

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I've seen no significant changes in my electricity charges as the result of installing this TV.

10. I Digress

I Digress Guest

maybe because ours is a little bigger?.. it is really heavy. My husband doesn't even try to move it. Plus its so oblong, one person can't really pick it up

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

After it's been on for a few minutes, place you hand close to the screen. If you feel heat, like the heat coming off of a coffee pot, then it is using a lot of energy.

You are not going to change your TV, but it does use more energy.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Plasma-TV-Or-LCD-TV---How-Do-I-Decide?&id=1255624

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Wow, lots of great info.

Not worried about the setup, between me and the football player, I'm sure we can get the TV inside and set up. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted