1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another Hot Stove thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lantaur, Jan 27, 2008.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

How many DL stints for Joba? Since, you know, he can't throw more than one inning every other month.

2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Where did a I say he got beat up? I said old and tired. Does that = beat up? I just think it equals old and tired. And like I said, that being my opinion of Pedro I'd still take him in the Phils' rotation any day of the week.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I highlighted where you said beat up.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Not speaking for him, but I think that referred to Pelfrey. Follow the commas in regards to the pitchers.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Follow that progression. That was for Pelfry not Pedro.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I thank you and love your avatar.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

No problem. And, you sir, have arguably my favorite TV character of all time in yours.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Then, I apologize. I thought you were saying Pedro got lit up last year.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

No apology necessary. Honest mistake.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

He is a crowd favorite and one hell of a motivational speaker.

11. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Re bold above, this is breaking news! Who are the five prospects? Don't keep us in the dark, statrat.

As for the "middle of nowhere", I lived there twice in my life; Seattle doesn't qualify. But thanks a lot, BYH, for confirming the paranoic spoutings (BIAS!!!) of every nutball who lives here, about 20% of the population.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sorry, I meant middle of nowhere in baseball terms. And I'm sorry but it is. He's going to perform while more than half the nation is asleep. And for a Grade-A flake like Bedard, that's a good thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted