1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet another Hot Stove thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lantaur, Jan 27, 2008.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Seattle's offense isn't terrible...it leaves a lot to be desired, but it was in the top half of the majors in runs scored, not too far behind the Brewers and the Mets.

Felix is poised to become an All-Star. He might have made it last season if he didn't get hurt early in the season. He wasn't very good when he returned, but he turned it around the last month or two.

Besides, it's not the like the A.L. West is all that strong -- California, Texas and Oakland. The M's could compete in that division.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wow, a baseball thread with new stuff in it. Color me excited.

A few things:

1. The Blue Jays aren't making the playoffs. Sorry, BYH.
    2. Everyone is talking about Pedro, which is fine, but who the hell is counting on El Duque? What is he like 50 now? I love the Duke. He has always been one of my favorite Yankees of all time and one of my favorite pitchers of all time, but he is as old as shit and the Mets better not be counting on him.
    3. If the Mariners sign Bedard to an extension, then that is a badass deal for them. Getting a legit pitcher and a left-handed one to boot. Of course, if he can't stay healthy then it won't matter, but I could see them being players in the West this year.
    4. I still think the Yankees will get involved in the Santana talks. But if they don't, there is nowhere I'd rather see him go than the NL.
    5. How many days until pitchers and catchers report?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'l predict right now that Pedro wins at least 13 games this season.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That's damn funny.

He really is a poor in-game manager.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I will take the under and say that Phil Hughes wins more than 13.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Might lead the starters in wins.

Of course, that's dependent on the Mets not getting Johan.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I agree 100 percent. He could be a steal in your fantasy league, spnited.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Some = 50 innings, tops.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'll take the under on Hughes and add that he does at least two stints on the DL.

And Joba (or should I just call hm God) spends 2 months in the pen, becomes a starter in early June and finishes with a sub-.500 record.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

You said he got beat up. The numbers proved he didn't. He's getting up there in age, but he's still willing to take the ball every fifth day and he gets guys out.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's really funny, and he definitely seems to have a mangina, but I can really see him having two great years out there b/c it's in the middle of nowhere and I could see that flake thriving in west coast anonymity.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Joba: The new Kevin Maas.

Except with a daddy who loves him. Because apparently no father has ever loved a son like Joba's daddy.

Draft saved Draft deleted