1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yet Another Brett Favre Comeback Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Derek_W

Derek_W Guest

I bet your buddy had a blast through the first 11 weeks of the season, too. Too bad Rodgers and the Packers had pretty much been eliminated from the playoffs by that time.

(To be fair, that wasn't the fault of Rodgers, either)

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

OK, now actively rooting for Favre's demise.

Thanks fanboy!

3. Derek_W

Derek_W Guest

I can't help but feel pity for those who spend their time rooting for someone else to fail.

4. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

You're right about Favre still being better than Jackson and Rosenfels. But you Viking fans have been through so many cruel teases and disappointments over the years that you wouldn't want this great a risk of going through another one.

I'm a Cubs fan, and I'm at the point where, if they're not going to win the World Series or at the very least get there, I'd rather they just go 64-98 and come nowhere near contention. I can't tolerate more Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown moments like last year and 2003.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Do we have to call dibs again on Robin, or do previous dibs from the first two times stand up?

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If the Vikings coaching staff is smart enough to realize that Favre isn't there to be a great QB, then he'll be fine.

If they think "Oh man, we've got Brett Favre, we need to pass 28 times a game," then they'll probably be worse off with him. At least with Rosenfels they wouldn't let him do any damage.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

You said this was the happiest day of your life.

I think you need to save some of that pity for yourself.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yes, but the last 1/3rd of the season just ripped his Jet heart out.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I didn't realize the Cash for Clunkers program extended to NFL quarterbacks.

10. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

This is going to turn out like the Herschel Walker trade for this inept franchise. He ain't got it. And just like with the Jets, he skipped all the mini-camps and half of training camp. He'll be a locker room chemical disaster.

But you know, the Vikes' FO had to do this. With Vick making inroads toward being the QB he was, and being obviously better at this point than Favre, when Minny got neither, they had to go running for cover.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How has Vick shown he is "making inroads toward being the QB he was" and "obviously better than Favre"? Neither guy has taken a snap in a game. Hell, Vick won't even be playing QB in Philly.

I'm not defending Favre. IMO they'll both suck at a high rate of speed. But watching Favre suck will be more fun.

12. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Vick's practicing. That's more than Favre has done. And don't you believe Vick is in much better playing shape than Favre could hope for?

Draft saved Draft deleted