1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yes, tooting of one's alma mater's horn is in order here

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Birdscribe, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

How's that probation thing going, Poin? You guys couldn't even cheat your way into the tournament.

Chuckle away, Laughing Boy. Please be sure to let us all know when your alma mater even warrants a threadjack around these here parts. ;)

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nah. They save that chant for Harvard. :)

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Birdscribe, I'll be with you rooting for Fullerton - I was more excited to see the Titans get in than for my own alma mater's (marginal) tournament spot. I grew up in Fullerton, a few miles from the campus. (In fact, not positive, but I think my dad taught Chris Dufresne in high school.)

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

My alma mater is a combined 43-4 in football and basketball this academic year. I think I would be enjoying it a lot more if I was still enrolled there.

5. billikens

billikens Member

Son of a bitch.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

My alma mater got in and got the delightful treat of having to face Kansas in round 2, that's if we beat the talented team that is Kent State

7. Tin soldiers and Vegas comin'...

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Since when could a Long Beach State alum laugh about anything? A thread about Cal State Fullertucky? They play in a conference that's only in one state, for goodness' sake.

Frackin' fanboys, the lot of you. Tournament starts tomorrow. I'm going to bed.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Piotr, I knew I hated you. I just wasn't aware of why until right now.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Colossus, I hope you understand that for your guys the tournament will end before the regular work week will.

:D

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hey, I dig Fullerton. The '78 season Sidney Moncrief and company got a wacky steal to beat them in the Elite 8, but they got their payback in the '79 CWS.

Fullerton is badass in baseball.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

All of your sentiments and positive karma is welcome and appreciated.

This is one of those weird moments for Mrs. Birdscribe, who did her undergrad work at my fine commuter institute of higher learning -- and earned her masters at one University of Wisconsin.

Draft saved Draft deleted