1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yes, Geno, it's always about you.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Sep 25, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Says Pat Summitt hates his guts.
    Get in line, Pat.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=3035059

2. boots

boots New Member

Geno's a great coach and pretty good guy. Pat doesn't like him because he's a man who has been a dominate force in women's hoops.

3. Joel_Goodsen

Joel_Goodsen Member

Geno is clearly an ambassador for the women's game, just read this quote -- which basically gives a lot more fodder for the cannon of the women's basketball hating members of the media who are constantly looking for reasons to ignore the sport.....

"This game is bigger than any individual," he told the paper. "I could understand [the decision] if the game had suddenly become irrelevant. But it hadn't. There aren't many relevant games played in women's basketball each season."

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm going to refrain from calling you stupid, but that was a stupid statement. Summitt hates him because he used rumors of an impending divorce while trying to steal UT's recruits. Know the facts next time before you spout off with one of your talk radio-esque opinions.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Auriemma was right that Summit shouldn't let a personality conflict interfere in the scheduling of the best year-to-year matchup in womens college basketball. And he was right that there aren't many compelling games in womens college basketball each season. Makes perfect sense.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Wasn't there talk a few years ago that UConn and Tennessee would play three times a season?

And what "women's basketball hating memebers of the media" are "constantly looking for reasons to ignore the sport"?

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I hope you don't really believe this.

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And you wonder why ...

9. Hammer Pants

Pat (and several other teams) are also pissed about the Maya Moore situation. They think some extra benefits violations occurred there.

10. markvid

markvid Guest

Because he constantly has to have the opposing view.
    No matter what.
    And he's met him and knows him (along with countless other people on here).

11. Hammer Pants

Geno: "Please, Miss Pat. Play us. I'm sorry. I really want people outside the Northeast to care about us again, and I know you return almost everyone from your national championship team, and my team won't be badass again for two years, and I want to be important!"

12. Boom --
    No snark intended, but you literally are the first person who I ever heard say Geno Auriemma was "a pretty good guy," and that includes everyone I know who admires him as a coach.

Draft saved Draft deleted