1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

yes, another clips question

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by King_Cecil, Jan 11, 2007.

1. King_Cecil

King_Cecil Member

What's the best way to package clips electronically? I know I asked this question about a year ago and somebody mentioned that you could do something Quark or whatever, but I don't have Quark or InDesign or anything like that. So what's the best way to package clips electronically? I know it's not a good idea to send links to clips, besides most of mine aren't reachable without paying anyway. Also, some of my clips have no online version of them either so I can't simply screen capture them. So what should I do? I found a job I'd really like to apply for and the editor requested electronic only and no paper. Can I scan my clips into PDF files or something like that? All help is appreciated, and I'm sorry I had to be that guy to make another clips thread.

2. Brain of J

Brain of J Member

King, I'm in the same boat, as my internship clips have websites but my shop I'm at now has no website.
    I haven't run into an editor wanting on-line only clips, but I've emailed the place I'm applying and told em, "look, I can email you my resume but I'll have to snail mail you my clips." No one's bitched yet.
    You could scan em and save em as PDFs but that's a lot of extra work if you don't need to do it.

3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Scanning them isn't that much work. It's just like scanning a picture. When you save go to save as instead and save them as a pdf. Everyone has Adobe so anyone you send them to should be able to read them.

4. doublej

doublej New Member

Scanning clips and saving them as a pdf isn't hard, but the size of the files makes it difficult to send multiple files in a single email. That has been my experience at least. I agree with Brain of J, email the resume and snail mail the clips.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I third that suggestion.

Draft saved Draft deleted