1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yep, no double standard here...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zagoshe, May 28, 2007.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

And I don't see what the problem with Augusta National only allowing men to join, either.

Do you?

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Nope and for the same reason Boy Scouts don't have to allow girls to join either.

3. zagoshe

And then I suppose you wouldn't have a problem if Augusta National didn't allow blacks, either, correct?

4. You guys know zag's right. You just won't admit it :eek: I heard on some lefty talk show about a hotel/spa in California (San Fran area I think) that has replaced all the Gideon's bibles in its nightstands with copies of Al Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth." See, we're already on that slippery slope toward banning all things and people right wing from hotels in America. Oh, the persecuted Republicans. Oh what will they do? Perhaps move to a theocratic country like Iran, since it's obvious that's what they want America to become. It'll be interesting to watch the fallout unfold here from this Aussie ruling, that's for sure. I've got the popcorn in the microwave.

5. dog428

dog428 Active Member

So, zag, are you pissed that the gay females and straight couples were excluded or are you pissed that hotels in this country can't exclude gays and blacks?

It sure seems like the latter.

6. The answer to the question I posed would seem to be, "Elephants."

7. zagoshe

I'm pissed that the same people who claim to be open-minded and enlightened have no problem becoming bigots when it suits their agenda.

8. zagoshe

As an aside -- Fenian -- Have you watched any of the Law and Order marathon on TNT today? I'm watching this one with Gregory Hines as a defense attorney, I've never seen it before -- this one is an excellent episode. You know which one I mean?

9. The Suicide Box.
    Very solid episode. Excellent faceoff between Hines and Waterston in the chili joint. The woman who plays the incompetent ME who screwed up also played Mary Kastrinski, a beautiful hit-person in one of the very early Briscoe episodes, when Stone was still the DA. Might actually have been Lennie's debut, now that I think about it.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

No, not really.

You're looking for a "gotcha" on a message board.

Nothing more, nothing less.

You really don't give a shit about what a hotel in Australia does, nor do you really give a shit about how any of us feels about it.

You demand that we show outrage, then get "pissed" when we won't sit up and beg for you like a trained puppy.

11. I'm still waiting for the hetero boycott of very large steaks.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Since the 19th century, Australia's habit of liberal ideological export has been of utmost concern to conservative Western culture.

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted