1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yep, I read Esquire

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Love boobs, but I'm more of an ass man.

And I read Esquire. For free.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

the way the Leafs are playing.....ya might as well buy the sweater. :)

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I don't really subscribe to magazines anymore. I'll usually just pick up a couple at the airport when I have to travel.

I frequently pick up Esquire. I like it, but it's disposable. It's the perfect kind of fare for a two-hour plane flight. Flip through it once, and then throw it away when you land.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I've read Details since I was 15. Is that wrong?

5. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I only subscribe to magazines if I would purchase them in a store frequently enough that the subscription costs less. I paid $12 for a two-year subscription to Esquire and $10 for a single year of Entertainment Weekly. I had an Autoweek subscription for many years because it's impossible to find a store that carries it. I didn't renew this year because I felt that it was too expensive.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I subscribe to way too many magazines. I like Esquire and am always tempted to add it to my subscriptions, but I have no time to read it. I've subscribed to GQ since the early 90s. Even though I read lots of women's/fashion magazines - Lucky, Allure, Marie Claire, etc. - I love GQ and Esquire (and used to read Details a long time ago) because the articles are so much better/more interesting.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Reply e-mail -
    My friend! You such a cliched tool: Sitting around judging, labeling and defining others disdainfully to cover your own early 1990s, Reailty Bites sense of self-loathing and inadequacy.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Ha! That is the second time "Reality Bites" has come up in as many days. Even though that's my age group, I could not relate to that movie at all. And Ethan Hawke might want to pick up GQ/Esquire to get some tips on showering.

9. I love the $400 and $500 shirts and $40,000 watch layouts in Esquire and GQ. Love it the way women love to fantasize about, say, the unattainable kitchens in Better Homes & Gardens. In a completely non-gay way, I could marvel at the clothing spreads in those two magazines for hours, including the $100 socks.

10. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Sorry Waylon....the fact that you could marvel at the clothing spreads for hours, kind of makes it gay. ;)

11. Well, I'm not marveling at the dudes themselves - just how awesome they look in their clothes! :)

12. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I wonder if I've spent $100 on socks, total, over the last 20-some years that I've been buying my own clothes. I don't buy expensive socks and I wear them as long as I can, usually way past when my wife thinks they need to be discarded. Maybe I have spent $100, but it won't be much past that, I wouldn't think.

Draft saved Draft deleted