1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yep, I read Esquire

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Oct 28, 2009.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

From a friend's e-mail when I said I saw something interesting in this month's Esquire.

Then he asked if I subscribed to Details or just read it at the bookstore.

Lordy, that description cuts awfully close to home.

2. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

And I bet he fucking loves The Shins.

Two can play this game.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Hey! I read Esquire and I don't care if my friends are impressed at bar trivia.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I fit the description. But I let my subscription to Esquire lapse two years ago, because even though they will give it to you for something like $5 a year if you find an online offer or just hold out on resubscribing for a month or two, they were getting lost in stacks of reading of things I cared more about.

I do have a boob fetish, though. Is it really that bad?

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Ragu, you should never apologize for who you are.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is it really a fetish? Seems to me, that is just part of being a guy.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Who wants to be "ambiguously heterosexual"?

I had a subscription for about ten years starting in the mid 60's. Wolfe, Mailer, Capote, and Talese were the stars back then.

Gave it up until a few years ago when our man Jones started writing.

Cancelled it. Its "Look at me, I'm hip" posturing became really off-putting.

Anyway, can read almost everything online. :)

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I've been a subscriber for about 2 years......sometimes I'll read an entire issue, other times won't even open it. I'm only paying something like $4/yr, something crazy inexpensive, so it's worth keeping.

Plus, I love reading about what clothing I "need" to have each season, especially when an outfit costs about $9,000....that's just the pants and shirt.

9. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Do you have a sports and boobs fetish?

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Their fashion stuff is pretty good but that $750.00 cashmere sweater means two fewer Leafs tickets. :)

11. BRoth

BRoth Member

Flipping through a GQ at the grocery store while The Lady Friend did some shopping, saw a fashion spread with Joel McHale. One page was about socks. The cheapest pair was $14. The most expensive was $250. Most were close to $100 a pair.

12. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I've had an Esquire subscription for years but I don't think my boob fetish has anything to do with it.

My boob fetish, however, is likely responsible for my Voluptuous subscription.

Draft saved Draft deleted