1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yearly Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I know it's hard, but try ignoring Geddy and listening to the music, especially on some of Rush's 70s stuff like Working Man. If you can honestly listen to that song and say "it doesn't rock," I'll counter by saying you have no idea what it means to rock.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Geddy Lee's nose was already inducted. It usually arrives well ahead of Geddy.

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Chic is on the list.
    But no Rush, a terrific rock band for nearly 40 years.
    Nice building on the exterior, but the place should just be emptied out.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Exactly. The place can revert back to the winos for all I care until that oversight is rectified.

And Claws, the reach-around to Rush in the July issue (with Obama on the cover) is nice and all, but Wenner can blow goats until he pulls the gerbil out of his partner's ass and realizes that Chic and Little Anthony and the Imperials belong nowhere near this place.

And NOLU, even though you couldn't be more wrong about Rush, the Dead Kennedy's and Alice Cooper are great calls.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

Fucking robbed again.

Fuck you, RnRHOF. Fuck. You.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

There's nobody dorkier on this site than Pallister, the Lite beer-swilling, wifebeater-wearing, Pantera-listening, Republican-voting White Sox fan, and P.O., the white trash riot king. But now you're BOTH really starting to grow on me, too. :D

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a tourist attraction built in a city nobody's wants to visit.
    It was doomed to fail.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Ha, ha, he called you white trash, PO. :D

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I had to change it up a little bit, call someone else white trash instead of you. :D :D :D

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Yeah, but he also called me "The King of Riots." If you don't think that's a huge point of pride, well, you just don't know what I stand for.

11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Besides, how does he know I'm white?

Chew on that for a minute.

12. Metallica, nuff said.
    Beck too. Give Iggy some love

Run DMC, gotta pass.

As for Rush, considering what's in there, gotta be in. Kiss too.

Maiden and Priest, if eligible, are greater travesties of omission that Rush and Kiss combined.

What about Ozzy as a solo artist? First two albums are outstanding, and talk about putting on a show!

And Pantera gets in when its day comes; Dime <devil horns go up>!!

Draft saved Draft deleted