1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yearbooks botched

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, May 18, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If I find it uninteresting and totally irrelevent, I'll state that opinion.

2. fremont

fremont Member

I might have misread you, but didn't you already do that?

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

OK, I'll try to stay a bit on topic. Why is this thread even on JTO? It's not journalism. Unless I'm mistaken, it has nothing to do with journalism.

Sorry, 'Beetus. You're still my boy.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I meant to post it on the news board. And I did think it was quite an interesting story.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I always wondered what Ragu looked like. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That's the part that caught me. WTF?

Still ... it would be more interesting than my own high school yearbooks.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

QFT.

8. My mom taught at a junior high where they had a contest where students submitted drawings for the yearbook cover. The kid who won drew the mascot (a lion) in jeans and a jacket.

After his drawing was chosen, the school had him ink it in and send it to the printer. When he did, he drew the lion's dick coming out of the jeans. No one caught it and all of the yearbooks printed. School got quite a surprise when they opened the boxes after delivery.

9. T2

T2 Member

I'm guessing that request was an attempt to set standards and avoid an earlier hodgepodge in which some students were pictured from the waist up and others from the neck up, with widely varying amounts of headroom.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Not to be snarky, but I'm willing to bet quite a few of these kids, their parents and the school absolutely care about this. Maybe you don't care because it wasn't your photo, but I certainly would. Also, think about this, from a journalism perspective. In both my previous newsrooms, we absolutely kept copies of each year's yearbook from the main high school in the area in case we needed a quick mug shot due to an accident, arrest, etc. You kinda would want that stuff to be right.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

McKinney is anything but Shithole High. It's the county seat of the richest county in Texas and the 17th-richest in the country, and the fastest-growing city in the U.S. for 4 of the last 7 years.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Nothing shithole about it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McKinney%2C_Texas

I have a question, though. I normally like your work, but why post on a thread to comment that it's not important? That's like me going onto the American Idol thread and proudly stating, "I hate this show."

Draft saved Draft deleted