1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yearbooks botched

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, May 18, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

A really bizarre story here:

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

THIS is an unfortunate lapse in judgment but not malicious? Uh-huh.

3. "We apologize for any inconvience."
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Anybody else find it really odd the school requested the heads all be the same size with eyes all at the same level?

5. fremont

fremont Member

I remember when I was in high school, hearing about another school (somewhere out of state) that had a yearbook come out that divided everyone not by class or anything like that, but by stuff like "Jocks, Preps, Freaks and Geeks."

It went over like Sergeant Slaughter's Iraqi sympathizer heel turn in '91.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

They're trying to make me an escape goat.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

No offense, but who gives a flying fuck?

8. fremont

fremont Member

I might be compelled to part ways with a flying fuck if I paid what HS yearbooks are going for these days, only to get something like this.

9. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Yeah, someone got fired over that.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Agreed. How in the world did this become a story anywhere outside the cafeteria of Shithole High in Texas?

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Uh, perhaps because we've seen plenty of stories of the "yearbook staff kiddies fuck up" variety. This time, it's either the company that prints them or the school itself that fucked things up, not the yearbook kids.

If I shelled out whatever these kids paid for to get a yearbook, I'd expect them to be quality. I don't remember what I paid to get both yearbooks my senior year, but it sure as hell wasn't cheap for a broke ass 17-year-old kid.

Perhaps newspapers will look as awful as this yearbook did before long.

12. I found it interesting, as some others obviously did. Let's not start shitting on a journalism topics thread. If you don't like the topic, don't post here.

Draft saved Draft deleted