1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yeah ... that's the way to get people over to your side

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

So what you're saying is, Jesus' blood-alcohol content was well above the legal limit for driving in Jerusalem, along with every jurisdiction in North America?

"I'm not bullshitting you - His BAC was 1. Not .1, not .01....I mean, 1. As in His blood was 100 per cent alcohol. Yeah, of course He died....at least technically. What do I mean, 'technically?' Well, it's kinda hard to explain, actually. See, we figured He was dead, right? So we put Him on a slab and more or less forgot about Him until someone could come and claim the body. Three days later, we couldn't freaking believe it - not only is He out of the coma, He's walking around like nothing happened. Yes, I am totally serious. No, I am not currently drunk myself. I guess He just needed to sleep it off. Well, I don't give a shit if you don't believe me, it honestly happened. It'll be on the front of the next issue of the Bibliquirer - 'The Untold Story,' they're gonna call it. I'll be quoted, but just as the usual anonymous 'insider' - I really don't need another libel suit after the whole 'Mary Magdalene is a hooker' crap. Anyway, you mark my words, 2,000 years from now, people are still gonna be talking about this!! Although, morality being what it is, they'll probably play down the role alcohol had in the whole thing. Probably say instead that He was beaten and stabbed, something like that."

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

They lost by 500,000. They either need to win a ballot initiative or go get married in Connecticut.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Never? Excuse me? Do you know how many soccer matches, basketball games and baseball/softball games I've done on Wednesdays? In North Carolina, no less?

If you have your points, Hondo, fine. But please don't drag the South - and especially North Carolina - into your soapbox, eh?

Thank you.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Damn. And I thought North Carolina was one of those pro-America places.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

They voted for Obama. Duuuuh.

6. Sam Mills 51

I dare you to say something that ignorant near a military installation, especially Fort Bragg.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I don't know about NC, but in many Southern states, there are never sporting events on Wednesdays, precisely because of Church services.

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

gotta love the Catholic parish festivals.. beer, gambling and kiddie rides. Woo hoo!

9. Sam Mills 51

There are fewer sporting events on Wednesdays, yes, but ADs are trying to cram more games/matches/meets into the seasonal windows. Wednesdays become pretty convenient to schedules an extra match, a makeup game, etc.

While I won't dispute that it's still the Bible Belt, school athletics isn't going to clear away Wednesdays anytime soon.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That's fucking hilarious. Outstanding work.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't remember playing basketball or baseball on Wednesday's in central Alabama.

12. Well, Utah, to name one example.

Draft saved Draft deleted