1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yeah, college athletes are already getting paid

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

You can have conversations with people who don't end up quoted in a story, even anonymously quoted. I'm not saying he didn't talk to many guys. I'm asking how many were quoted

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The last school I covered had a basketball player whose family had a shitload of money and he regularly took his teammates to dinner. He had told me that he was told that was OK as long as he didn't give money or gifts to his teammates unless it was a birthday or Christmas.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hmm, it's 2 now and I can't find the AMA thread.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/22sgu9/hi_im_steven_godfrey_senior_reporter_for_sb/

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Kansas and Missouri both mastered the art of having sons of the super rich as bench players/student managers who just happen to be roommates with future lottery picks. No, we're not giving TVs and stereos and computers to our star players. He's just using his roommate's stuff.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Didn't Stan Kroenke's kid play basketball for Missouri?

7. Mizzougrad96

Josh did. He was a pretty solid high school recruit.

8. Mizzougrad96

The player I covered had almost a full-sized refrigerator in his dorm as a freshman. He was a legit player (he's in the NBA now) but his family had a shitload of money.

Draft saved Draft deleted