1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yates not guilty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Jul 26, 2006.

1. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

You make a lot of valid points about the other people who should share blame in this tragedy, but the opening clause of your opening statement is misleading. That was a very passionate defense of a woman who systematically drowned five innocent kids.

If she had drowned her douchebag, uncaring husband, believe me, I'd be leading the cheering section. But the kids deserved better.

2. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

Liberals, take another bow. This is your redefined judicial system running on all cylinders.

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Her husband belonged to a fringe religious group that believed that women were solely responsible for the souls of their children. This woman was psychotic and the doctors took her off her meds two weeks before the murders. She honestly believed that she was a bad mother and was going to hell and the only way she could save her children was to send them to heaven while they were still pure.

I understand the rage at what she has done but will no one allow for the possibility that the woman was truly ill?

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You mean the same refined judicial system that awarded our Dear Leader the presidency?

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Yes, because they took a bunch of kids and drowned them.

What an ignorant, ignorant thing to say.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

On the other hand, the muderess and her husband would fall squarely in the Christian conservative voting bloc. So you've got that going for you.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Of all the dumbass things I've ever heard, blaming "liberals" for an evangelical lady going crazy and killing her children has to take the prize.

Congratu-fucking-lations.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I don't think that's all that ignorant. The woman was ill. Psychotic. She was hospitalized multiple times. She needed help and was ignored.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sixty-nine,

If you left your five kids at home with a dangerous, mentally ill person and all five were killed, would you feel like maybe you had some blame in the matter?

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Clearly she had serious mental issues.

And if she were to be executed, we'd be 100% certain she'd never have a relapse.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

So we start killing sick people?  Does that even begin to seem right to you?

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

People sick enough to off their five children? Yes. We begin killing them.

Draft saved Draft deleted