1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yates not guilty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DyePack, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Fucking ridiculous.

We have gone from the legal presumption of innocence to the unlimited, unconditional and incontestable assertion of innocence.

Everybody is always innocent, no matter what. Why bother with fucking trials? Let 'em all go free.

2. Dare I say?
    Good white Christian lady.
    Can afford first-class lawyers and a POS alibi.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I'm not one to pull a Starman, but at some point, she's going to take a bath at the asylum. Maybe she'll get some help.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Early entry for post of the day.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

So is the presumption on the board that she was, in fact, not insane or mentally incompetent?

Just asking.

6. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

FB- Farnham spoke of two anon. well-heeled donors who bankrolled much of the cost of her defense. Any guess on their origin?

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The presumption is she killed her kids and should be dropped into the deepest, darkest hole in the Texas prison system.

8. WHA73

WHA73 Guest

I blame soccer

9. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I think the assumption is she should receive some Starman justice regardless of whether or not she was "insane" at the time.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She definitely was batty. Rusty is as much to blame as her. His only excuse is he was too cheap to hire his wife some damn help.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She knew what she was doing.

By sheer definition, anybody who commits multilple murder (on her own children, no less) has to be somewhat disconnected with reality as the civilized world knows it.

The definition of "insanity" has morphed to the point where "I thought I was gonna get away with it" has become a valid legal defense.

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

To take any life, one has to have a measure of insanity about them.

The defense should be tossed...with the bloody fucking bathwater.

Draft saved Draft deleted