1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yasiel Puig: All-Star?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 2, 2013.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I read that Kershaw is projected for the Friday start, which would give him 3 days rest before the All-Star Game.
    And, by the way, when Puig scored from second on the infield out yesterday, he would have been out by 10 feet at home, but the catcher, Rosario, neglected to catch the ball, and it wasn't a bad throw.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

That was great. Steve Lyons was freaking out because he didn't slide (I though Vin still went to Denver for games) but what a play.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm in the no camp. Not a large enough body of work.

Interestingly enough, this topic was brought up last weekend in a newspaper column...
    http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2013/06/federovitch_is_puig_a_one-mont.html#incart_river

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

put him on the team. there's not a player i'm more anxious to watch for the first time, i'd wage the vast majority of fans feel the same way and if he was on the ballot and the voting began last month he'dd be a runaway choice for practically everyone except bitter old farts like papelbon... seems too me like this kid must be tamed for his own good; no way his body can withstand his style of play. he's like a wild young horse.

thiss is an exhibition game for not only the fans but for all of major league baseball as an entity. think the manager on the nl team want the kid on the team? damn straight.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

When's the last time the winner of an "exhibition game" got to host the World Series?
    Oh yeah, 2012.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

All the more reason the NL manager would want Puig while he's hot.

7. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Actually, this topic has been brought up every third day for the past few weeks. That's the nature of baseball. Every news series brings a new group of writers to ask the same questions. Bochy talked about this at least 2-1/2 weeks ago. And it has been repeated and repeated ......

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He's on the Final Vote ballot against Ian Desmond, Freddie Freeman, Adrian Gonzalez and Hunter Pence. I figure he wins in a landslide.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yep. Only real drama is if he gets 90% or not. I don't think it'll be close.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

... taking the golden sombrero today notwithstanding.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Joe Buck was on fire yesterday.

"Yasiel Puig has had four at-bats today and he has struck out each time. So four strikeouts."

Good job, Joe.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Math is hard.

-- Barbie

Draft saved Draft deleted