1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yasiel Puig: All-Star?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Jul 2, 2013.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

That's a damn good story.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Watched an inning of Dodgers game tonight. Puig turns a single into a double on sheer speed and guts, then scores from second on a infield hit.

Holy cow. Put him in the damn game.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If Puig is left off the team, who takes his spot?

Does anyone really want to see that player over this kid?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Then makes a circus catch against the fence in right and gets hurt. Stays in. Sac fly in the top of the inning and gets taken out.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

It's funny that KY posted this topic because he sent me a pic on Facebook about how people were not giving Paul Goldschmidt enough publicity for his season and were talking too much about Puig.

6. KYSportsWriter

I thought it was funny. Songbird got a good laugh out of it as well.

7. Bodie_Broadus

I thought it was funny if for no other reason than Goldschmidt had been mentioned as an MVP candidate before Arizona started their fade. Which was expected.

As for Puig, I'd like to see him as an all star. The Dodgers will have only two others, Kershaw and Gonzalez, why not put him in? I'd love to see him in the HR derby.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't understand that last point. The Dodgers only have two other All-Stars, so that helps Puig's case? This is a team with a record below .500, so if you are arguing that they somehow deserve more than two, I don't see the basis for it.

9. Bodie_Broadus

They may leave Gonzalez off, if anything Kershaw is the only deserving player. If he starts the Sunday before the game they'd have no one.

10. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

Does he deserve to be in the game? Eh. But if the fans want him in, why not?

Put him on the ballot for the NL's "last man in" contest and if the fans give him the thumbs-up, then there you go. I don't think that the players are going to put him in the game, and I doubt that Bochy is going to give him the nod either (unless no other Dodger makes the cut)... so if the fans really want him in, that is a way to do it.

11. PaperClip529

PaperClip529 Active Member

Wouldn't the Dodgers technically still have an all-star in that scenario, regardless of the start? Kershaw would still be an all-star, he just wouldn't be eligible for the game. I'm not sure about the rule, but wouldn't that still count?

12. KYSportsWriter

Why wouldn't it? He'd still be on the team.

Draft saved Draft deleted