1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yao Ming out for the season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by alleyallen, Feb 26, 2008.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

CRAP!!!!!

http://www.sports790.com/pages/790breakingnews.html

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Not good. Once a big man's feet go, he's done. Ask Bill Walton.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Tought break for the Rockets, especially with the 12-game win streak they're on.

4. So what?
    800 million Chinese don't give a shi....wait a minute.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Now that's funny.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Especially since they now have to rely on Tracy McGrady, who's never seen the second round of the playoffs.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

What about the Olympics? Will he be able to play in them? Could he have played through the foot this season and skipped them, but the Chinese said "No way in hell."? I've covered several basketball players who have toughed out a season with a foot stress fracture and just walked around in a boot when they weren't on the court.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Another crappy product imported from China.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

On my way home from work early because of the flu .... ugh .... the sports talk guys were actually thinking of it from a different angle. Clearly with a stress fracture in his foot, the season SHOULD be done. But with the Olympics in Beijing in July, is there any way the Chinese let him sit? And how about the Rockets, at that point? What if playing in the Olympics damages him further?

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

A lot of truth to that. Once a 7 footer starts getting stress fractures it's usually a problem that never goes away and tends to get worse. Not sure I'd be buying Yao Ming stock right now.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You know, I have a trade request in my SportsJournalists.com NBA league where a guy wanted to trade me Derron Williams for Yao.

Should I be a real jerk?

Spinted, I know you don't care about my fantasy team.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

A move like that will get a man's ass kicked, for sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted