1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yanks give it to Girardi

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Oct 29, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Col. Klink as the bench coach!

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

So how's it going to play if Hal Steinbrenner gets on an ump and Girardi tell shim to STFU?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

"Joe, you're fired."

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Hal will never get on an ump... he'll have Howard Rubenstein issue a statement attributing the comments to George.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Yes. Just like the Sox gave it to the Yankees 19 times this year. ::)

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'll save the Red Sox fans the trouble.

Pastor, who exactly just won the World Series last night? And is it not that team's second championship since the Yankees last won one? And we all know, nothing short of the World Series matters to the Yankees, right?

Sorry, some of the smug, superior Yankee fan shit gets to me sometimes :)

7. novelist_wannabe

Let me just say that any further criticism of southern football fans coming from the northeast should be summarily dismissed as hypocritical. Yankee fans are just as bad, if not worse.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

But those of us from the Northeast who despise both Yankees fans and Red Sox fans are free to continue our criticism of all you SEC fanboys ;D

9. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

How was Pena even under consideration after what happened in KC?

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Minority interview to satisfy Bud's edict. He'll say on as the bench coach

11. novelist_wannabe

Fair enough. I tell you what, though, Spnited, you come down for a football weekend, see the coeds, get welcomed with open arms to just about any tailgate on campus (even if you're wearing mets shit), get more good grilled food than anyone deserves, get a good drink on. You'll forget all about all that other stuff.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted