1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yankees, Yankees, Yankees

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Football_Bat, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Couldn't help but notice the craziness on the AP national wire today.

BBA-Yankees-Teixeira

BBA-BigBadYankees

BBA-NewYankeeStadium

BBO-Payrolls

BBO-LuxuryTax

BBA-Yankees-Wang
    _____

All pinstripe-centric. Even the BBO-Steroids-Clemens story has a Gotham setting. Has there ever been such a perfect storm of Big Apple-ness?

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Yeah. When it comes the national AP, that perfect storm is otherwise known as "everyday".

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

heh heh heh... Yankees-Wang...

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

October 1921
    October 1922
    October 1923
    October 1936
    October 1937
    October 1941
    October 1947
    October 1949
    October 1951
    October 1952
    October 1953
    October 1955
    October 1956
    October 2000

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thank you Ghost of Christmas Present, for showing us what life would be like if Doug Ferguson covered Major League Baseball... :D

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

He initially wanted to cover baseball until he found out Detroit's team was actually named after the jungle cat..... :-\

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Bit of a gap there between Don Larsen and his comic books to the last vestiges of Yankee triumph, eh?

8. redsox99

redsox99 Member

You left quite a few out ... otherwise FUCK THE JANKEES

9. I believe it sailed right over the fanboi's head.

10. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

I'm a Red Sox guy and am genuinely OK with the Yanks getting Teixiera. I've been blogging exactly that on Globe site ever since John Henry's email last Thursday night. I always assumed he was going to Yankees.

Teixiera a really good player? Absolutely. Did I prefer Boston to get him? You bet. But riddle me this---how many World Series has he won or even played in? How many MVP top-5 finishes? None. How many 50-HR seasons? None. So why is he worth $22.5 million a year, other than the obvious reason that the Yankees market bears such?

It will be all the more fun when Yanks fail to win the AL East and fail to make it to the W.S. once again. Most nervous cat in the room right now is Joe Girardi---I say he gets fired by Aug. 15.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Another Red Sox fan feeling their oats . You still have a long way to go to catch up the the 26 . In my mind Tex signing is not much different than when the Sox brought in Drew.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Boomsie, what did you ever do with 2009 tickets at the new ball park?

Draft saved Draft deleted