1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yankees in trouble?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If pitching and defense win World Series rings, then there's no way the Yankees win. Randy Johnson's had his moments this season, but he's never been a sure thing. And Gary Sheffield at first base? Oh boy.

2. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Why is everybody making a big deal of this the Yankees will do fine if Johnson doesn't play.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Johnson is to the Yanks as Pedro to the Mets. In past years, losing either one would be a fatal blow. In 2006, not so much.

4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Sorry to say the Yankees will barely miss Randy Johnson. They unfortunately will hit more than anyone else and make it to the World Series. And boy, do I hope I'm wrong.

Go Twins.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I agree...

Still, I'm praying A-Rod goes 18 for 25 in the series and the rest of those assholes go 0-fer.

Go Tigers.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

from your post to god's computer

7. leo1

leo1 Active Member

as a twins fan i'm not sure how to feel about this. i like johnson's 5.00 ERA but i like facing jaret wright a lot more.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The same reason people make such a big deal out of the Mets losing Pedro Martinez - reputation. In reality, both losses hurt, but neither is as debilitating to the team as it would have been in the past.

The bottom line for both teams is the same -- they better score a lot of runs in the playoffs.

9. There's a fall clearance sale down at the Punctuation Store.

10. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Twins are going to get taking down by the Yankees.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Cockdian likes guys making fuck -- Berzerker!

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted