1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yankees are making news (ARod, Girardi)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Oct 28, 2007.

1. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

According to the NYDN, the Yankees are about to offer ARod and Scott Boras a five-year, $140 million contract.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2007/10/28/2007-10-28_yankees_to_offer_arod_5year_extension_in.html

It looks as if the organization has decided upon Joe Girardi as the man to replace Joe Torre as manager.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/2007/10/28/2007-10-28_joe_girardi_apparent_leader_in_race_for_.html

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Please show me where there is any semblance of substance to the Girardi story? 100% speculation without support.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Actually I read somewhere, but I can't find it now, that the Yanks would add 5 years at $150 mil to the contract. If Cashman does make that offer and publicly and truthfully refuse to negotiate after Boras opts out. It would be interesting to see if Boras can really find another team to pony up 8 years at 230-240 million. No Way.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

i have no inside info on the managerial choice. but if it's mattingly over girardi, yankee haters should rejoice. and no one adored "donnie baseball" more than i did -- unless it was michael kay.

girardi would be ANY baseball man's choice. if mattingly gets the call, then we'll know for sure george still calls the shots.

5. If Girardi is named the field manager of the NY Yankees, I'm thinking his drill sergeant shtick won't fly very well with all the high priced talent in the clubhouse.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Girardi ain't a rube. He knows he'll have to tone down his act.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

My momma always said, "It's better to eat shit than to not eat at all."

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Buck The Cluck, Redux

Draft saved Draft deleted