1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yankeeography: George Steinbrenner

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 2, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Few minutes in and the tone thus far, [blue]shockingly[/blue], is THE LEADER IS GOOD THE LEADER IS GOOD!!!

It's entertaining to hear how hard the silver-spooned one worked in his younger days.

On a serious note, Steinbrenner has to be in really bad shape b/c there are no new interviews with him in this one...but Joe Torre, wearing a Dodgers hat, is interviewed.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Funny they keep on showing the same shot of The Boss yuking it up with Murray Chass.

That Cindy Bigelow is pretty snappy looking huh?

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

You'd think someone would have told her George is not in the best of health and that perhaps offering him a toast is not the most best idea in the world.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

There have to be 5,000 things I'd watch before a Yankeeography about The Boss on Al Yankzeera.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Unless the secretary who was fired for giving him the wrong kind of sandwich is interviewed, I don't want to watch it either.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Treatment of underlings who have no way at getting back at him -- highhanded.

On the human being scale, George . . . you lose. You lost, a long time ago.

And late-life "I'm helpless now, I've gained empathy" deathbed conversions don't count.

So long, scummo. Don't let the door hit you.

Draft saved Draft deleted