1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yankee Stadium

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, May 2, 2007.

1. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Can anyone tell me if this is absolutely the last season in which the Yanks will play in the House That Ruth Built?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You call what they're doing playing?

3. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Next year is the last season.

4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

So, no rush to go this summer? Unless, of course, you take into account ticket prices will sky rocket next year, seeing as it is to be the last.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

:'(

Yes, next season is the last year for the House that Ruth Built. It will be a sad day when that stadium is gone...

6. WSKY

WSKY Member

You mean the house that A-Rod destroyed

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Tickets are not easy to come by this year... already more than 3.5 mill sold.

Next year could be worse, unless the Yankees suck so bad this year they lose some season ticket holders.

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

True. But I'll stubhub it! And, I'm looking at a mid-week game - even if their opponent is poop.

9. KYSportsWriter

>.<

:p

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Very true.

11. KYSportsWriter

Here's hoping the damn Yankees :)D) turn it around this year...

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

When single-game tickets went on sale, I was on the laptop at 10 a.m. sharp, ready to get a pair ASAP. Wait took 10 minutes. By then, I had to settle for upper-deck tickets to see the Royals on a Saturday afternoon.

Out of curiosity, at the end of the day, I decided to see what was left for that game. Bleachers, pretty much.

Draft saved Draft deleted