1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yankee Stadium seats/ticket help

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I found a Hilton brand hotel a few blocks from Times Square for $160/night. I reserved that a month ago and went and checked again. It's already up to $250.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Not really unless you plan to just sleep there and return late at night. If you're going back and forth, you'll lose an hour each way, each time you make the round trip.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

for $50 a night, stay in SI. The ferry is free, the ride is sensational and, as Ragu said, you can get anywhere by subway from the Ferry terminal in Manhattan

4. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I went to two Yanks-Sox games in the Bronx with a group the year after they won the World Series, adorned with Sox hat and shirt. People tried giving me and my friends shit, but all you had to say was "Worst Choke Ever" or something similar and they didn't say a thing back. Yankees fans talk a good game, but they didn't have much of a retort to that one.

Wear whatever you feel like... but I must say, from what I've heard, I wouldn't go into the bleachers wearing it.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Actually, the bleachers would be the safest spot to wear it since they don't serve alcohol out there. That's also why, in addition to being a mile away from home plate, the bleachers suck.

I've sat in just about every section there, including behind home plate, and there really aren't any bad seats. Try to avoid the foul poles, but other than that, you should be OK.

Oh, and Monument Park is well worth it. If it's the only time you're ever going to go there, make sure to get there early enough to check it out. From the history of the NY logo, to the players' plaques to the new 9-11 memorial, it's really interesting. I went into it for the first time in about 10 years last summer and got goosebumps all over again.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yankee fans just talk. It's the Oakland Raider fans that actually stab fools.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

The only time I went, I sat on the third base line and had pretty good views. I would like to sit on the first base line sometime just because I have seen so many camera angles from that side over the years.
    What is the worst part of the bleachers? I have always wanted to sit in right field.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I think outfield seating sucks anywhere. You can't see the game.

9. tommyp

tommyp Member

If you do a day in the bleachers, the right centerfield bleachers is leaps and bounds better than left centerfield.

And may I echo those who said the best seats in the house are in the upper deck above home plate. Once had seats front and center. Probably the best view I ever had at any sporting event.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Right field isn't awful, but I wouldn't pay to sit there either. You can see the whole game, but it looks like a rumor. And if someone homers to right field, Trot Nixon or Juan Encarnacion or whomever is chasing the ball just disappears.

11. lollygagger

lollygagger Member

If you have the time, the stadium tour is worth an extra subway ride out to the South Bronx. I'm no Yankee fan, but standing on the top step of the Yankees' dugout and gaze out onto the field was worth the trip by itself. After that they walk you around the warning track to Monument Park and give you plenty of time to read a few plaques or take a few pictures, and with far fewer people around than before a game.
    The tour was something like $10-12 when I was there in 2000, probably at least $15 now. When the Yankees are home, they do it on weekdays (if there's not a day game) up until 12:00 or so. They also take you to the press box (gee, never seen one of those before) and a couple other places. If the team is out of town, I think you get to see the clubhouse, too, but I'm not sure.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

For that view, yeah, it would be worth a second trip. Guess I should have realized they did tours there, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted