1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yankee Premium Seats Go Vacant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 25, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey, you stepped up to the plate with a wager. We'll see who's counting Benjamins in October! (hint: it'll be me)

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have no problem with this, other than to hear Joe and Tim gush during the first game at Junkie Stadium

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

What's funny is the Yankees refusing to deign to sell some of these grotesquely-overpriced locations on a game-by-game basis. They want to hide behind the season-ticket facade to force big swinging dicks (or what's left of that crowd) to pay face value for Royals/Orioles/Mariners junk.

Reap what you sow, you mothers.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Ain't that the truth!

It will be interesting to see when and how the recession hits the world of pro sports. The common working stiff was long since priced out and the fat cats who could afford to pay $200-300 for a ticket are scared shitless over the drop in their stock portfolios.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

My thoughts exactly. I can do a helluva lot better with $7000.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Yankees are in a tough position because they can't drop the price and screw those that already shelled out the $325.

They ran another full page ad in the Post yesterday for the $325 seats - Ad does not mention price.

Anyone have the ability to post copy of it. It is pretty telling.

I am thinking of dumping half of my $100 tickets on the market and going game to game on discounted seats on stub hub.

A box of 4 will cost you $1400 per game . I would rather take the money and go to Vegas and watch game at Sports book

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me. 8)

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yankees are funding The House That Rudy And Bloomy Built through a city that is only too happy to bend over for the Steinbrenners.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/65799/

Draft saved Draft deleted