1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yankee Premium Seats Go Vacant

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It shows a level of dedication and devotion that is fascinating, if not enviable.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

iIt will be interesting to see what happens. The Yankees can't drop the price now or it will piss off the fans that paid the $325 per .

I think there will be a lot of good seats available day of game on stub hub.

3. The starter for the Yankees home opener projects to be Joba Chamberlain. Maybe the Yankee brass can give any unsold tickets to Mothers Against Drunk Driving to raffle off?

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Mike Francesa devoted two days to the Yankees ticket fiasco, taking dozens of calls from irate fans, and the most insightful analysis he could muster up was to call the whole thing 'fascinating'.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah.. count me in too...

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Of all the things I could do in NY for $325, spending three hours with the Yankees and Mariners wouldn't even make the list.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

The Yankee fans love it when their team spends $423 million on three free agents, then are baffled because the ticket prices enormous in a new stadium?

I don't feel sorry for anybody here.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . while consistently defending the Holy Yankee positions, during the portions I was unfortunate enough to hear. Certain subtexts are woven throughout Mikey's
    entire on-air career, and a sustained eagerness to jump into the Yankee foxhole is one of them . . .

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

a) depends on what you mean by "regular".
    b) depends on where you live.
    c) depends on how many people you're paying for (i.e. family).

If you're not in NYC/Chi/LA (and I mean Dodgers/Kings/Lakers, not Angels/Ducks/Clippers), there are still plenty of affordable seats in most parks I've been to. I was getting in and out of a dozen Braves games a year for less than $20 a night when I lived in Atlanta ($5 G.A. ticket and usually move down to wherever I wanted, $10 parking in the lot where old Fulton County Stadium stood, $4.50 hot dog and bring my own water). Hell, cheaper than a night at the movies.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The attempted gang-rape reflected in the current price scales was clearly conceived
    by the knuckledragging management during the heights of the late, great bull market.
    Add in the timing of the new stadium, and the pathetic eagerness to attempt to
    make all the hay you could, while the haymaking was good.

Damn the broad financial community for essentially commiting hari-kari, thus
    foiling the Schickelgreubers' Snidely Whiplash Master Plan.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit like this is why I laugh at those who continue to wail and cry about the Yankees' unfair advantage over everyone.

The roster is loaded with aging, unmovable parts and the new Stadium is threatening to turn into a financial eyesore. They. Are. Fucked.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I checked the availability on the ring of seats between the bases today. They wanted $7,000 for a 20-game package.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted