1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yankee Politics -- Blown Up For Effect, But Do We Love It Any Less? No.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The hits just keep on comin' . . .

http://www.mensjournal.com/brian-cashman

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

was that a column? It read like some blogger who was too lazy to look up stats, call anyone, do any research, etc. I'm guessing the author is a small market fan. I understand it is fashionable to hate the Yankees, but if you are going to waste space in Men's Journal maybe do some actual research.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

The writer was Matt Taibbi.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Which means what?
    It's still reads like crap and is inaccurate in a lot of ways.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Steinbrenner used to be the fall guy in those "buy the World Series " stories. One thing I would like to see mentioned in these stories is the fact that while the Yankees were investing in new players they also were able to more than double their home gate to over 4 mil.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I can only assume your last sentence was meant to illustrate something that reads like crap.

He said he guessed the writer was a small market fan. Matt Taibbi is a columnist for Rolling Stone.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Who is Matt Taibbi?

Edit: So, he works for Rolling Stone? I'd still wager he is a small market fan or Red Sox fan based on his love for Epstein. It still was poorly written, no matter who he works for.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

He's related to Sammy Baugh.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Missed 'gola's small market fan reference.

And it's still a pile of crap.

10. 21

21 Well-Known Member

It might be. But not because the writer is a small time blogger.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I meant small market fan. Like a Royals or Pirates fan. The article is still shit even if he isn't a blogger.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I know that. I know who Matt Taibbi is.

I also know the one year the Yankees didn't go after the big fish -- Santana -- and kept their young players, the young players failed and they became the third-place Yankees.
    They might have spent too much money on Johnson, Kevn Brown, Giambi, et al .. but they also made the post-season every year with those guys.

Draft saved Draft deleted