1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo! Sports page

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Feb 1, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

And idiotsnetwork is down for the count.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Right.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I really dislike it now, because it won't load for me.

4. subhead

subhead Member

Is this sports Web site change week?

Now ESPN.com found a new place to throw an ad to give another reason to rank them below the rest.

They have an ad mixed in with their main headlines now.

Yuck.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Start using Firefox as your browser, then get the adblocker add-on and you won't have to worry about the ads. I have those and just called up espn.com and saw no ads.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

At least the scoreboards are still basically the same, which is all I care about with Yahoo.

7. WSKY

WSKY Member

I noticed that, I was trying to figure out a way to get it so when I post, an ad will appear with it also

8. WSKY

WSKY Member

I like CSTV.com and would have to think it gets more than 11 page views a day

9. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I'm not a big fan either. As others have said, I liked that it loaded quickly and was cleanly designed -- too much color, too many things that grab my eye. It looks like the ugly sister of espn.com. The least they could have done in a redesign was come up with something more original.

10. WSKY

WSKY Member

I said something to our competitor's columnist tonight about the new Yahoo site, he said he never looks at. This guy works for a pretty big paper, so my question is: Is Yahoo Sports that big of a player anyway?

Draft saved Draft deleted