1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo! Sports: Iverson retires

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 25, 2009.

1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I'm stunned they were even considering it let alone actually making an offer. Other than putting asses in the seats what good does this do for the Sixers if he accepts? I just don't get it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not that I know of, but Devil loves to throw random, unrelated comparisons out there for no apparent reason.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

HOF point guards who are about the same height? Yeah, random.

I have always thought Thomas is overlooked when it comes down to the naming of all-time teams because he was squeezed between Magic/Bird and Jordan.

4. JackReacher

But no one was naming all-time teams here. They were discussing Iverson's retirement/unretirement. Not if he was better than Thomas.

Not saying you're not free to discuss what you want. Just saying it had zippy to do with the original conversation.

But since we're going down that road.....who's better. Robert Horry or Michael Jordan?

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

The team is horseshit. Brand is a fraud. Iggy can't carry a team and Lou Williams is hurt. They need someone who KNOWS how to play. For this season, and perhaps this season only, it is a good match.
    Also, for the record, you can't compare Zeke with AI. Zeke was a better floor leader, dribbler and better shooter. He also played better defense.
    AI is a better gunner and he's quicker. Nevertheless, he will be in the Hall one day.

6. JackReacher

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4705901

It's like he never left. :)

Don't think I'm not already working on tickets for Dec. 22 in Washington. :)

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

If nothing else, it allows him to retire with the team that brought him into the league.

Draft saved Draft deleted