1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Yahoo! Sports: Iverson retires

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He can stay in shape playing 1 on 1 with Stephon Marbury.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

My money is on AI.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Best line on Iverson come from John Smallwood.
    'Iverson exits the NBA the same way he entered - the Answer who produced far too many questions."

4. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Saw some poll on "What is the biggest thing you'll remember about AI's career?"

My answer, which wasn't a choice, was "Practice. We're talkin' 'bout practice, man."

5. Drip

Drip Active Member

I was at that presser. The sound bite has been overblown. When he said it, although it was dramatic, it didn't register as much. TV and cable took it to another level.

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Doubtful. Do you really think the Sixers want him around all those young players? When they traded him they told him to stay away from the team until they could dump him. AI was my favorite Sixer, but his days with them ended when he and Chris Webber skipped out on fan appreciation night.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

A lot has changed with the organization since then. And like it or not, AI's popularity as a former Sixer is still very high. With Lou Williams out for 8 weeks, a return of AI could become a possibility.

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Wait a minute . . . he was still playing?

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Who?

10. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Good riddance. He was a nice talent but extremely overrated.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You can hate him all you want. Plenty do. But calling him overrated is plain unintelligent. MVP. Multiple scoring titles, etc.. That ain't overrated. Sorry.

12. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

You take 35 shots a game, you can win plenty of scoring titles. He had the green light every freakin' season except the last two. If you shoot enough, you will score enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted